Thursday, February 26, 2009

Module 2, Question 3

Based on my subject for Critical Access Hospitals and Medicare reimbursement, I found that PubMed (the electronic index) to be the most beneficial. I was searching for specific information on the topic that was up-to-date. Unfortunately, frequently I was unable to access the text for the desired resource. Consulting the guideline index was not helpful for this subject. I can see how it could assist someone that was looking specifically for procedures based on evidence. The web-search provided the most information but it was difficult to sift through the irrelevant and unreliable data. It is also difficult to narrow the search as well as through PubMed.

At times, when I have discovered a reference that I cannot retrieve from PubMed, I am able to locate it on another website that I have discovered through Google. These three different sites each have their individual benefits, depending on what one is searching for. When results are obtained, depending on the source, validity must be determined by the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment